SPP seminar “Paper and corrugated board materials for food contact”
November 9, 2023. SPP organized the seminar “Paper and corrugated board materials for food contact”. The event was aimed at both SPP Members and companies outside the Association, and was very popular (almost 70 people registered). The chosen topic turned out to be particularly interesting and important for the industry, and you could listen about, among other things:
- Food contact aspects;
- Quality requirements for paper food packaging;
- Legal aspects of the approval of corrugated board/paper products for food;
- the content of harmful substances in paper food packaging in light of European requirements;
- the problem of mineral oils in recycled paper products;
- methods of assessing the suitability of paper packaging for food contact;
- safe and sustainable barrier chemistry solutions for fiber-based food packaging applications.
At the end of the event, students from School Complex No. 2 in Kwidzyn, together with their teacher Honorata Gruszka, thanked Director Godlewska for the invitation to the seminar and the opportunity to expand their knowledge of papermaking.
SPP once again thanks Kemira and Mondi for providing participants with notebooks and pens, and Digit Pack for printing the badges.